Working Group Objectives and Activities
Teach a Kid to Fish Working Groups are made up of individuals and organizations representing the key areas of our community. The working groups have committed to attacking this multi-dimensional epidemic by setting long-term and measurable objectives and identifying activities to engage in as we partner to carry out the mission of Teach a Kid to Fish.
See the menu on the left to learn about a specific working group.
To carry out the TKF goals, all working groups will:
• Increase community awareness, participation and support of TKF mission
• Collaborate with other working groups on specific initiatives and work to broaden the net of working group members.
• Work with the TKF Board to prioritize the specific action plans of the working group
• Promote consistent evidence-based prevention messages
• Advocate for environmental and policy changes to increase opportunities for healthy eating and physical activity