The ENERGY Walk is modeled after the Cornhusker State Games Volkswalk, ENERGY Walk is a family-friendly event for all ages, benefiting Teach a Kid to Fish. From babies in strollers to fast-paced grandmothers, ENERGY Walk is a great way to be part of the Games with a 2-mile stroll OR a 10k trek through the beautiful and scenic Fallbrook neighborhood.
The ENERGY 5K is The Cornhusker State Games’ family-friendly road race benefiting Teach a Kid to Fish. Put on your running shoes and bring out the family for this unique 5K road race through the beautiful and scenic Fallbrook neighborhood.
Teach a Kid to Fish is excited to partner with the Cornhusker State Games for the second annual ENERGY events. With your help, we will raise funds and awareness for our mission of energizing the movement to prevent and reduce childhood obesity by empowering children and families to eat healthy and be active.
NEW THIS YEAR - The ENERGY walk will be following by a fun ENERGY Festival with lots of activities for families. This year's 5k ENERGY Run will be an evening event.The 5k will take place during ENERGY AFTER DARK, a celebration featuring local food, beverages and the music of D'Funk!
• 2-Mile Walk (great for families with small children)
• 10k Walk (great for active families and mature adults)
• Check-In starts at 6 a.m. (Ameritas parking lot). Participants may begin their walk anytime between 7 a.m. and Noon.
* Spectators and walkers are encouraged to stay for a Post-Walk Festival.
• Register at http://www.cornhuskerstategames.com/energy_walk
• Start time 8:30 pm
• Followed by ENERGY After Dark – a post-run celebration. More info to come later
• Register at http://www.cornhuskerstategames.com/index.php?module=cms&page=207
Your entry fee supports Teach A Kid to Fish!
Proceeds for the ENERGY Walk and 5K benefit Teach a Kid to Fish.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: email@example.com
Dawes ENERGY Challenge
The Dawes ENERGY Challenge is a Free 6 week training program for families and individuals to prepare for the Cornhusker State Games ENERGY 5K Run and ENERGY Walk. Teach a Kid to Fish, NE YMCA, and Dawes Middle School have developed an inclusive program that will reach out to families in Lincoln to give them the opportunity to train and prepare for the ENERGY 5K Run and ENERGY Walk. The training program will teach participants the basics of walking and running and build an overall foundation of fitness.
To learn more about The Dawes ENERGY Challenge, contact firstname.lastname@example.org